- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, 7.22 crore persons have been administered with at least one dose as of 05 April 2021.
1. Common Misinformation:
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has refuted reports claiming that it has issued a warning on 50,000 fatalities due to COVID-19 in India by 15 April 2021.
- Fake COVID-19 vaccination certificates sold over the dark web allow buyers to travel overseas under the false guise of being vaccinated.
- A petition has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking the Centre to issue strict guidelines and regulations to prevent the chances of fake and counterfeit COVID-19 vaccine.
- Satirical video is shared as a 1956 public service announcement predicting COVID-19 Pandemic.
- A fake ‘government order’ is being circulated online to claim that Andhra Pradesh’s chief minister has announced holidays for schools and colleges in the state, in light of increasing COVID-19 cases, from 01 March to 04 May.
- Fake post on viral Telangana Government G.O about the closure of shops and commercial establishments.
- Confusion broke out and false lockdown messages were doing rounds on closed groups like WhatsApp on the complete lockdown in Maharashtra.
2. Over performing/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on UP CM Yogi Adityanath receives the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at Civil Hospital in Lucknow trended by 21.45 times.
- The post where a UP nurse, busy on phone call administered 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Kanpur woman has overperformed by 17.67 times.
- The post on UP cop tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after the second vaccine shot has overperformed by 15.98 times.
3. On-ground surveys on COVID-19
- A cross-sectional pre-print online survey found that 65.9% of the 5396 respondents reported at least one post-vaccination symptom. Tiredness (45%), myalgia (44%), fever (34%), headache (28%), local pain at the injection site (27%), joint pain (12%), nausea (8%), and diarrhea (3%) were the most prevalent symptoms.