General vaccine trends in India -16
- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 1 March. According to the health ministry, as of 26 April 2021, a total of11.92 crore vaccine doses have been administered to beneficiaries in the country.
1. Common Misinformation:
- Video from Mexico shared as fake vaccination drive in India.
- Aspidosperma-Q is not a substitute for Medical Oxygen.
- This video does not show oxygen tankers being sent to India from Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.
- This video is not of villagers chasing away Covid vaccination squads.
- This CT Scan report does not represent the lungs of a COVID-19 vaccinated person.
- WHO has not approved any breathing exercise to diagnose the COVID-19 virus.
- ‘Hospital staff killing patients?’: Except for one, the other two clips in this video are old &unrelated.
- This video showing a long queue of dead bodies awaiting cremation is from Delhi, not Bhopal.
- Old video from Wagah border falsely shared as Pakistan supplying Oxygen Cylinders to India.
- An empty Nebuliser cannot be used as a substitute for oxygen cylinders.
- Old Image of a dead Mother being carried on a bike is falsely linked to Oxygen shortage during the current COVID-19 crisis.
- This post misleads people by blaming only States for the delay in installing the PSA Oxygen plants.
- Telangana CM KCR did not announce that the government will get people vaccinated at their homes.
- Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy did not announce spending Rs. 10 crores of personal money on oxygen.
- Amit Shah did not claim that Nehru was the reason for COVID-19.
- Old data is currently being shared where Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are the top 2 states in vaccine wastage.
- Photos of old Covid centers in the United States are shared as those from Andhra Pradesh.
- Although public health is a state subject, the COVID-19 crisis is was managed by the Central government from the beginning.
- One cannot find out if they are infected with COVID-19 through a breathing test.
- The central government has not announced the imposition of a complete lockdown in the country from 03 May to 20 May.
- This WhatsApp message claiming lockdown in Uttar Pradesh extended is fake.
- Health Ministry has not issued any press release that India has detected a new dangerous COVID-19 strain that can escape immunity.
- These seven exercises do not guarantee protection against coronavirus.
2. Overperforming/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on Bill Gates says no to sharing vaccine formulae with the developing world has overperformed by 159.38 times.
- The post on Pfizer donating $70 mn worth COVID-19 treatment drugs to India has overperformed by 33.69 times.
3. On-ground surveys on COVID-19
- India tops global survey on COVID-19 vaccination intent; rising hesitancy in many countries.