General vaccine trends in India -20
- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 31 May 2021, 16.86 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine
1. Common Misinformation:
- A man in a viral video claimed falsely that COVID vaccines contain metals or microchips causing magnets to attach to the arms of vaccinated people, and even produce electricity to light a bulb. He later clarified that it is a magic trick.
- Dr. Reddy’s warns against fake Sputnik V suppliers.
- Luc Montagnier did not claim that vaccinated people will die in 2 years.
- News that Naveed Alam was arrested for dumping corona bodies in Ganga river is fictitious.
- mRNA technology pioneer says COVID-19 vaccinated people can shed spike protein, Twitter suspends Luigi Warren’s Twitter account.
- Nagaland residents in 45+ age groups are resisting vaccination and adopting a “wait and watch” approach, mainly due to rumors and fake news circulating on social media platforms.
- Fake Covid report scam: Mumbai police warns people about fraud.
- There is no provision of the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF), families of those who died due to COVID-19 are entitled to a compensation of ₹ 4 Lakh.
- A message claims that people can register for COVID-19 Vaccination by downloading the "CowinHelp App" through the given link. The claim is a fake Cowin website alert.
2. Overperforming/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on nurse Niha Khan using an empty syringe to inject COVID-19 vaccine has overperformed by 430.92 times.
- The post on Kenya donates food to India as COVID relief efforts, sends 12 tonnes of tea, coffee & nuts has overperformed by 104.51 times.
- The post on Health education is key to the work we do at Lepra to raise awareness on COVID-19 vaccines has overperformed by 920.87 times on Instagram.
3. On-ground surveys on COVID-19
- IANS-CVoter Covid tracker conducted a survey between January 1 to May 27, in which a total of 56,685 people participated, showed 9.6% of citizens in a survey revealed they have not taken even a single dose of the vaccine nor will they in the future as well.
- In a similar survey by IANS-CVoter survey, 47% of Indians expressed their dissatisfaction with the Indian government’s way of handling the ongoing COVID-19 second wave.
- 56% of Indian families report Digestive Health issues, reveals survey.
- Record surge in COVID-19 infections deeply impacts business sentiments: FICCI Survey.
- Women in India had an irregular gap in the menstrual cycle during Covid-19 pandemic: Study.