- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 21 June 2021, 22.87 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine.
1. Common Misinformation/Prevalence of Vaccine Hesitancy:
- Residents of Mumbai housing society allege ‘vaccination scam’, suspect they were given fake COVID-19 shots.
- ‘Centre should make provision of a life sentence': Rajasthan CM on fake vaccination racket.
- COVID-19: Uttarakhand forms SIT to inquire about alleged fake testing during Kumbh Mela.
- Anesthetics Can Be Life-Threatening for COVID-19 Vaccinated People? PIB Fact Check debunks fake viral message.
- Bharath Biotech’s Covaxin does not contain Newborn Calf Serum.
- False claims touting cough syrup as ‘COVID-19 cure’ is misleading.
- Meghalaya’s vaccination drive hit by hesitancy hurdle.
- Fear & Faith: The attempt to inoculate Himachal’s Malana village amid vaccine hesitancy.
- Vaccine hesitancy puts India's gains against coronavirus at risk.
- Villagers concealed they had COVID-19 for fear of forced vaccination, quarantine.
2. Countering vaccine hesitancy-Success stories:
- Govt weighs sops to boost COVID-19 inoculation drive
- Working closely with states to address vaccine hesitancy :Government.
- Delhi: Vaccine Express is helping the poor shrug off hesitancy
- Indian medical workers scale mountains to bring vaccines to remote corners
3. Overperforming/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on the death of Flying Sikh Milka Singh owing to COVID-19 complications has overperformed by 151.94 times.
- The post on the vaccination drive called Vaccination Mahabhiyan in 7000 centers in Madhya Pradesh from June 21, 2021, has overperformed by 347.17 times.
- The post by BanegaSwasthIndia Facebook live to answer questions on the Delta variant of COVID-19 has overperformed by 1230.46 times.