General vaccine trends in India -25
- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 05 July 2021, 28.83 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine.
1. Common Misinformation/Prevalence of Vaccine Hesitancy:
- Thousands of people have fallen prey to an elaborate wide-ranging scam selling fake coronavirus vaccines in India. They were injected with saltwater instead.
- Mumbai vaccination scam: How 4,000 people were conned with fake jabs.
- Mumbai: First-year dropout went around giving fake COVID-19 vaccine shots at camps.
- How Manipur churches are trying to curb vaccine hesitancy as ‘satanic’ rumours fly thick & fast.
- A WhatsApp message claiming that the government is giving ₹4,000 to everyone under a COVID-19 relief scheme is false and there is no such financial assistance being extended, the Press Information Bureau has tweeted.
- Women in rural Bihar hesitant to take vaccines.
- ‘Forced’ COVID-19 vaccination violates fundamental rights, Meghalaya High Court says.
2. Over performing/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on Panipat post arresting four accused for selling fake Remdesivir injections has overperformed by 129.63 times.
- The post on the Raipur doctor Naresh Sahu serving Coronavirus patients for 301 days without taking any leave has overperformed by 96.82 times.
- The post on Apollo Contest where 10 lucky winners would win Rs. 5000 voucher each has overperformed by 164.90 times on Instagram.
3. On-ground surveys on COVID-19
- PCMC sero-survey finds 70% children in the 6-18 age group have antibodies against COVID-19.
- Tamil Nadu tops, Delhi lags in the handling of second wave of COVID-19: survey.
- Women from low-income Indian households ate less amid COVID-19, shows survey.
- Over 51% children in Mumbai have COVID-19 antibodies, says BMC after sero survey.