- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 19 July 2021, 32.29 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine
1. Common Misinformation/Prevalence of Vaccine Hesitancy:
- A message circulating on social media is making several claims on the 3rd wave about the COVID-19 Delta virus is fake, tweets PIB fact-check.
- People are receiving COVID-19 vaccine feedback calls from "912250041117". A WhatsApp forward says answering the call can hack phone. PIB Fact-check tweeted that this is a fraud call.
- Mumbai: 2,773 people got fake COVID-19 vaccines, BMC tells Bombay High Court.
- Victim of India’s first fake vaccine scam tests positive for coronavirus.
- From lack of documentation to vaccine hesitancy, India’s trans community's struggle to access COVID-19 vaccines.
- India’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout hit by hesitancy and supply snags.
- COVID-19 strategy divides India's villages, vaccine hesitancy unites them.
- Vaccine hesitancy in some communities a cause of concern: Amit Shah.
- UP: Rumours keep people away from COVID-19 vaccination in Barabanki village.
- Vaccine hesitancy must be removed: Vice President.
- COVID-19 | US professor says Delta variant spreading in vaccine hesitant areas.
2. Countering vaccine hesitancy- Success Stories/strategies to reduce hesitancy:
- ‘India has given the same vaccine to Army’ — how Kashmiris are being convinced to take COVID-19 shot.
- Nagaland to punish non-vaccinated govt staff found without COVID-19 certificate.
- A flexi is being set up on a two-wheeler to educate the public about the importance of mask and social distancing by Syed Khajamubarak, Health Assistant at Marripadu Primary Health Center.
- PM Modi asks doctors in Varanasi to motivate people, increase vaccination.
- Take vaccines to people instead of drawing them to vax centers.
- Himachal Pradesh is a success story of COVID-19 vaccinations. India can do with more.
3. Overperforming/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on how efficient COVID-19 shots are against the Delta variant has overperformed by 1732.56 times.
- The post on PM Modi praising CM Yogi's efforts to tackle Corona has overperformed by 158.38 times.
- The post on the next 100-125 days are critical in the fight against COVID-19 by Dr. VK Paul, NITI Aayog, Govt of India has overperformed by 11.57 times on Instagram.
4. On-ground surveys on COVID-19/Research studies on COVID-19 vaccines efficacy
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptance and hesitancy in low- and middle-income countries: Nature Study.
- 40% recovered patients reporting post-COVID-19 symptoms: AIG Hospitals Survey.
- 81% in Ahmedabad have antibodies: AMC final sero survey Report.
- 85% of university students in India faced learning loss during COVID-19: Survey.
- Flexible, agile COVID-19 vaccination strategy vital in saving lives in India, says Lancet Report.
- No scientific proof to suggest third COVID-19 wave will especially impact children: Experts.
- Vaccinations reduce the chance of COVID-19 death in India to 0.4%: ICMR Study.
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine protection may last a lifetime:Study.
- Delta variant ‘primarily responsible for COVID-19 second wave, says govt Expert.
- Covishield 63% effective overall, 81% against severe illness:Study.
- No sign of COVID-19 vaccine in breast milk:Study.