- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 26 July 2021, 34.18 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine
1. Common Misinformation/Prevalence of Vaccine Hesitancy:
- Health worker arrested in West Bengal over fake COVID-19 vaccine camps.
- Kolkata: Vaccine coordinator steals vials from health facility, holds paid inoculation camps.
- Dr. Tarun Kothari’s viral video is doing rounds on social media where he spreads false news on wearing masks, practicing social distancing and getting vaccinated, PIB tweets.
- Mandating COVID-19 shots: India must consider a referendum on this.
- Panchkula Health department fails to eliminate vaccine hesitancy among pregnant women.
- In Kerala, vaccine hesitancy appears to baulk some pregnant women from taking COVID-19 shots.
- COVID-19 vaccine scams hit India as country struggles with immunizations.
- Trust deficit causes vaccine hesitancy
- Vaccine hesitancy weakening fight against COVID-19 in rural Assam.
- Telangana: Vaccination nose dip amid shortage, hesitancy.
2. Countering vaccine hesitancy- Success Stories:
- Bust COVID-19 vaccine myths, Health Ministry urges community radio stations.
- The ASHA women delivering COVID-19 vaccines in India.
- Chandigarh street vendor's vaccine hesitancy removal initiative gets PM Modi's applause.
- COVID-19: PM Modi cites example of nonagenarian mother, urges people to get vaccinated.
- People’s movement in Assolna combating vaccine hesitancy.
- A campaign against vaccine hesitancy.
- Vaccine hesitancy: Women in Bihar lead as myth busters.
- Tamil Nadu becomes a role model for COVID-19 vaccine utilisation with zero wastage of doses.
3. Over performing/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on Sonu Sood carrying the fodder for his buffalo with the milkman has overperformed by 133.11 times.
- The post on MP Manoj Kumar Jha calls India’s COVID-19 crisis a collective failure has overperformed by 48.19 times.
- The Banega Swasth India’s post on your questions on the COVID-19 vaccine and its rollout among women, pregnant & lactating mothers with Dr. Suneela Garg has overperformed by 897.63 times on Instagram.
4. On-ground surveys on COVID-19/Research studies on COVID-19 vaccines efficacy
- 30% to 40% people hesitant about vaccination due to misinformation: Experts.
- 55% of Children Aged Between 6 and 9, Over 60% of Adults in Telangana Have Antibodies: Sero-survery.
- COVID-19 in India: Fourth ICMR survey results show 67.6 percent seropositivity.
- 28% Indians plan to travel in August-September; risk of third COVID-19 wave set to rise: Survey.
- Urban poor, rural population ill-prepared to deal with COVID-19 at home:Survey.
- Two-thirds of Indians have coronavirus antibodies,survey shows.
- Maharashtra: Immunity in 50% population in six districts, indicates sero-survey.
- India's excess deaths during COVID-19 pandemic up to 4.9 million: Study.
- Over 81% of people in Ahmedabad have COVID-19 antibodies, serological survey finds.
- 73% develop antibodies against COVID-19, Bihar inches closer to herd immunity.