- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 02 August 2021, 36.79 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine.
1. Common Misinformation/Prevalence of Vaccine Hesitancy:
- The table showing when the future COVID-19 variants will be ‘released’ is fake.
- ‘Doctor’ spreads anti-masking and anti-vaccine misinformation.
- Fake: COVID-19 vaccines do not install operating systems that will be manipulated by 5G systems.
- The effects of COVID-19 vaccines on women and rising vaccine hesitancy.
- Hostile terrain, hesitancy, Maoists: Bastar has its own COVID-19 vaccination challenges.
- COVID-19: Average daily vaccinations drop on supply, hesitancy issues.
2. Countering vaccine hesitancy- Success Stories/strategies to reduce hesitancy:
- Koraput tribals knock vax hesitancy, rush for jab.
- PM meets social and religious leaders, asks them to help tackle COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy.
- Sanjeevani continues to spread awareness and help India get vaccinated.
- Youth and COVID-19: Stories of creativity and resilience.
- CII partners with Serum Institute to expand vaccination across small towns, rural areas across India.
- Fresh COVID-19 vaccine incentives on offer around the world.
3. Over performing/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on Sonu Sood’s birthday recognizing his social work has overperformed by 96.36 times.
- The post on ZEE TV’s newest member Lakshmi from Bhagya Lakshmi started a social movement called Neki Ki Dor. She met several people around the country who helped others during the corona virus crisis has overperformed by 62.35 times.
- The Banega Swasth India’s post on the question of Can vaccinating a mother who is breastfeeding protect the child against COVID-19? As a precursor to the #WorldBreastfeedingWeek join us for a live chat with Dr Shariqua Yunus, Head, Nutrition and School Feeding Unit, World Food Programme has overperformed by 1035.45 times on Instagram.
4. On-ground surveys on COVID-19/Research studies on COVID-19 vaccines efficacy
- COVID-19 virus, vaccines does not enter human DNA: Study
- Coronavirus vaccine: More than 30% of side-effects caused by anxiety, not resultant of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Madhya Pradesh has highest seroprevalence, Kerala lowest, shows ICMR survey.
- Only 10% plan to visit cinema halls or multiplexes: Survey.
- 66.2% have antibodies, two-fold increase since October 2020, indicates the latest Serosurvey by Tamil Nadu government.
- 48% parents unwilling to send kids to school till they are vaccinated against COVID-19: Survey.
- India's Rural, Urban Poor Population Unprepared To Handle COVID-19 At Household Level:Survey
- 2.7-3.3 million COVID-19 deaths in India: Study.
- In pregnant women, vaccine side-effects minor and temporary: Pune survey.
- COVISHIELD (AZD1222) Vaccine effectiveness among healthcare and frontline Workers of Indian Armed Forces: Interim results of VIN-WIN cohort study.