- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 8 June 2021, 18.95 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine
1. Common Misinformation:
- The fashion model makes multiple false claims about COVID-19 and vaccines
- There is still no evidence that COVID-19 vaccines increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Video of a nurse pretending to administer jab against COVID-19 is not from India.
- Android SMS for free registration for COVID-19 vaccines is fake.
- Aligarh nurse denies allegations of giving fake vaccine shots.
2. Countering vaccine hesitancy- Success Stories:
- Skepticism about Covid-19 vaccination among tribal villagers in Maharashtra's Melghat forest is being reversed with advocacy in the local Korku language.
- Beating misinformation, hesitancy, Bandipora village in North Kashmir achieves 100 percent vaccination.
- Arunachal Pradesh government officer offers 20 kg free rice to break vaccine hesitancy.
- AIMIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi's appeal is being widely circulated in Bihar’s Seemanchal to encourage people to get themselves vaccinated against Covid-19 and fight vaccine hesitancy.
- Maharashtra teacher uses script and song to eliminate vax hesitancy in villages.
3. Overperforming/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on Sonu Sood ensuring the delivery of oxygen concentrator for a patient in Chittoor district, Andhra Pradesh has overperformed by 936.00 times.
- The post on UNICEF support to India’s COVID-19 emergency response by providing 26 oxygen plants and sends over 4000 oxygen concentrators has overperformed by 284.41 times.
- The post on Apollo’s 3 vaccines (Covishield, Covaxin, and Sputnik) available for mass vaccination has overperformed by 833.40 times on Instagram.
4. On-ground surveys on COVID-19
- 80% of Indians feel digital tech effectively used to respond to Covid-19: EY survey
- Tamil Nadu sero survey :COVID-19 antibodies detected in 23% of people tested.
- The Prashnam survey of nearly 15,000 people in six states blamed PM Modi, state governments, and destiny for COVID-19 deaths.
- Long Covid symptoms ease after vaccination, survey finds.