General vaccine trends in India -22
- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 14 June 2021, 20.63 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine
1. Common Misinformation/Prevalence of Vaccine Hesitancy:
- Posts claiming that COVID-19 vaccines can make people 'magnetic' is fake.
- The news that WHO allegedly claimed COVID-19 as a seasonal virus that does not require physical distancing and isolation is fake.
- The tweet on the second COVID-19 wave is a planned biological war against India, an attempt to destabilize the country is fake propaganda.
- A post claiming that BlackFungus can spread through farm chickens is in circulation on social media is fake.
- Kalicharan Maharaj’s false claims that COVID-19 is not a dangerous pandemic and a ploy to loot people have resurfaced on closed WhatsApp groups.
- Frontline workers including doctors and policemen sought vaccine certificates without taking the jabs.
- Vaccine hesitancy, rumors, and myths surrounding the COVID-19 jabs have made the tribal community in Rajasthan's Sirohi district slip into a chasm of anxiety and mistrust.
- Mistrust, rumors, and poor communication fuel COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy in India's Muslim communities.
- A video showing an old woman hiding behind a drum, fearing COVID-19 vaccination has gone viral on social media, showing how real vaccine hesitancy is in the rural areas of the country .
- Vaccine team hit with rods by mob in rural Madhya Pradesh.
- The belief that vaccines are expensive is adding to the vaccine hesitancy among the Hyderabad poor.
2. Countering vaccine hesitancy-Success stories:
- Overcoming vaccine hesitancy, tribals in Darjeeling get inoculated in large numbers.
- Vaccine-hesitant Melghat village sets an inoculation record as all panchayat members lead by example by taking the shot and setting aside their own vaccine hesitancy.
- Two Tamil Nadu teachers perform skits to ward off vaccine hesitancy in rural areas.
- Bikaner in Rajasthan will become the first town in the country to start a "door-to-door" vaccination drive in the ongoing fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
3. Overperforming/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on the death of Dr. KK Agarwal even after taking both doses of corona vaccine had shocked everyone has overperformed by 203.80 times.
- The post on the girl who has lost both her parents to COVID-19 has overperformed by 165.23 times.
- The post on COVID-19 vaccination maha campaign going on at a large level in all districts of Uttar Pradesh has overperformed by 242.30 times.