General vaccine trends in India -26
- Vaccine Tracker: India began the second phase of vaccination against the novel coronavirus on 01 March 2021. According to the health ministry, as of 12 July 2021, 30.4 crore persons have been administered at least one dose of the vaccine
1. Common Misinformation/Prevalence of Vaccine Hesitancy:
- Several cases of fake COVID-19 reports surface across India.
- ED files case against Debanjan Deb, others in Kolkata fake COVID-19 vaccination drive case.
- Maharashtra govt to urge Centre to cancel vaccine certificates of fake jab scam victims.
- Thousands in India injected with fake COVID-19 vaccine; at least 14 arrested.
- Beware of fake texts, posts linked to vaccine drives.
- COVID-19: Average daily vaccinations drop on supply, hesitancy issues.
- The uneven response to India’s catastrophic second wave, coupled with widespread vaccine hesitancy, indicates that the coronavirus is here to stay.
- COVID: Faulty journal report on jabs gets four lakh readers.
- Telangana has surplus doses but vaccine hesitancy persists.
- COVID: Rumours make vaccinating Kashmir nomads difficult.
2. Countering vaccine hesitancy- Success Stories:
- Ladakh first Union Territory to achieve 100% first dose coverage.
- 80-98%: Tripura among the top in COVID-19 vaccine table
- Bihar councilor beats vaccine hesitancy with a lucky draw in Katihar.
- Success story: Kathua's Bobiya village becomes first to be 100% vaccinated.
- Pune: Battling vaccine hesitancy, ‘door-to-door’ vaccination camp takes off at Khandewasti.
- From Tripura and the Nilgiris, a lesson for India- vaccine hesitancy success stories.
3. Over performing/common trends in the last week:
- CrowdTangle Insights from the previous week- the post on a little boy from the streets of Himachal Pradesh, with a mask on but no slippers is scolding & educating tourists that are not wearing a mask or disregarding COVID-19 safety protocols has overperformed by 119.36 times.
- The post on Australian MP impressed by UP govt's handling of COVID, asks India 'can we loan CM Yogi?' has overperformed by 103.44 times.
- The post on Benga Swasth India’s contest where entries with creative videos (poem or artwork) with #SalutingTheCovidHeroes win Rs. 1000 vouchers each and be featured with actor Amitabh Bachchan has overperformed by 3640.86 times on Instagram.
4. On-ground surveys on COVID-19/Research studies on COVID-19 vaccines efficacy
- Four in 10 adults above 70 show reluctancy to vaccine: Study.
- No scientific evidences found linking COVID-19 vaccination with infertility in men and women | COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all lactating women: Govt Press release.
- Study on policemen about impact of vaccines in fighting COVID-19 seeks to end hesitancy.
- Vaccine misinformation: Why fake news about the COVID-19 vaccine is more likely to harm women.
- The pandemic has exacerbated India’s mental healthcare crisis.
- India’s vaccine gender gap.
- Mounting evidence suggests Sputnik COVID vaccine is safe and effective.
- Reduced sensitivity of SARS-CoV-2 variant Delta to antibody neutralization.
- COVID-19 mRNA vaccine induced antibody responses against three SARS-CoV-2 variant.